Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Favorite Fast Food Salads


My favorite fast food salads are from McDonald's. Have you ever tried them? They are delicious! And better yet, they are low calorie.

My two favorites are:
Caesar Salad w/ grilled chicken - Calories: 220, Fat: 6g
Bacon Ranch Salad w/ grilled chicken - Calories: 260, Fat: 9g

I like the Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing - only 40 calories. That makes for a 260-300 calorie lunch if you add a glass of water to it. It's very filling too.

You need to be careful when eating out and thinking you are ordering healthy when you order a salad. Here are some places not to order a salad:

California Pizza Kitchen:
Thai Crunch Salad - Calories: 2,115
Cobb Salad - Calories: 1,138, Price: $13.25

Chevy's Fresh Mex:
Tostada Salad with Chicken - Calories: 1,551, Fat: 94g

Artic Circle:
Taco Salad - calories: 880, Fat: 62g

Chick-fil-A:
Chick-n-Strips Salad - Calories: 600, Fat: 38g, Sodium: 1,470mg

1 comment:

Lelani said...

they're my favorite salads as well, not that I've tried the other ones listed. I have to admit that I cannot have just salad .. I need some kind of carb. so I'll add a few crackers or something.