Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Seven Simple Salads - #1

I was asked to post some salad recipes on my blog. So I've chosen 7 of my favorites and will be posting them the next few weeks.

#1 - SPRING MIX w/ FRESH SALSA


Have you ever thought of mixing your salad greens with fresh salsa? This is probably one of my top favorite salads. The best part is that it is so simple to make as well. Infact, this is a picture of my lunch today!

Ingredients:
Mixed Salad Greens - I like the packaged "Spring Mix"
Fresh Salsa - My favorite is from Harmons - they have mild, serrano spicy and hot (I prefer the spicy), or you can make your own. (The chunkier the better.)

I like my salad just with those two ingredients. I use the liquid from the salsa
as dressing, but if you need dressing, a light ranch would probably taste good. Also, if you are eating it as a main dish, you may want to add 4 oz chicken breast or 4 oz drained tuna fish (1 whole can). I like both.

Try it and let me know how you like it!

No comments: